Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Product No.DSI546Ra01
- Organism SpeciesRattus norvegicus (Rat) Same name, Different species.
- ApplicationsDisease Model
Research use only
- Prototype SpeciesHuman
- SourceTestosterone Propionate induced PCOS
- Model Animal StrainsSFF class SD rats，healthy, female, ages: about 4 weeks, about 200g.
- Modeling GroupingRandomly divided into three groups: model group (n = 30) , control group (n = 30) and the blank group (n = 30).
- Modeling Period6~8 weeks
Sign into your account
Share a new citation as an author
Upload your experimental result
Please fill in the blank.
- Packages (Simulation)
- Packages (Simulation)
- A, B:control group, C, D : PCOS group. C,D group showes part of follicular cystic dilatation, m
- ISO9001: 2008, ISO13485: 2003 Registered
1 gram Testosterone Propionate powder（CAS:57-85-2) is dissolved in 100mL injection of sterile soybean oil, with 10mg/mL oil.
Model group rats with testosterone propionate, according to the body weight of 1mg/100g dose, continuous injection of 4-8 weeks; the control group received the same volume of sterile according to the weight of soybean oil, continuous injection of 4-8 weeks; blank group with no treatment.
1. Vaginal smear test for estrous cycle
The smear of vaginal epithelial cell in control group rats showed a periodic change, cycle in 4-5 days, changes of estrous cycle; vaginal epithelial cells of rats in model group continued hyperkeratosis, it always in diestrus, estrous cycle of lost.
2. Determination of serum sex hormones
Biochemical tests showed that the level of testosterone(T) in model group increased significantly, follicle stimulating hormone(FSH), luteinizing hormone(LH), prolactin(RPL) level decreased.
3. Changes in ovarian tissue
In model group, the pathological changes of the ovarian structure and ovarian follicles seen in cystic dilatation and showed cystic pathological changes, locking multiple follicular granulosa cells, retention cyst obviously reduced, theca cells increased
SPSS software is used for statistical analysis, measurement data to mean ± standard deviation (x ±ｓ), using t test and single factor analysis of variance for group comparison , P<0.05 indicates there was a significant difference, P<0.01 indicates there are very significant differences.
- Tissue/Sections Customized Service
- Serums Customized Service
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Experiment Service
- Small Animal In Vivo Imaging Experiment Service
- Small Animal Micro CT Imaging Experiment Service
- Small Animal MRI Imaging Experiment Service
- Small Animal Ultrasound Imaging Experiment Service
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) Experiment Service
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Experiment Service
- Learning and Memory Behavioral Experiment Service
- Anxiety and Depression Behavioral Experiment Service
- Drug Addiction Behavioral Experiment Service
- Pain Behavioral Experiment Service
- Neuropsychiatric Disorder Behavioral Experiment Service
- Fatigue Behavioral Experiment Service